Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Weekend with Halle: Savannah...Part 2

Savannah was gorgeous, but it was hot and I was sick of carrying my camera at this point, so there are not as many photos...

And I don't know how I managed this, but I did not get a single photo of Halle and I together!  Thankfully Halle got this awesome one while we were visiting Paula Deen's store and restaurant...

















And to clarify...S.L.U.T.S. stands for Southern Ladies Under Tremendous Stress haha...

We loved eating at Paula Deen's Restaurant, Lady and Sons, and totally think it was worth waiting an hour in line for.  Did I mention that the hour in line was just to get on the list to eat???  We were lucky and were able to eat right away at the bar.  Our waiter was awesome!!!!! He was pretty stoked to meet Ernest too...























If you ever get the chance you should eat here!



















Halle ate an asparagus sandwich (AMAZING!) and I had her famous pot pie (half of it anyway)...It was delicious.  And you can't go to Lady and Sons without getting desert!

Her frozen chocolate mousse pie is to die for and should be called "Death by Chocolate"!  I have made this at home and it is incredibly easy.  Here is the recipe!

I loved this store too, called Kitchens on the Square.  It made me wish I had an unlimited budget!  And Halle found an awesome souvenir there for Ryan, whose request was a sword...how funny that she found one...





















And some more randomness...











I had a blast, Halle!  Thank you for coming to see me...imagine the photos that we could get in Hawaii! 

Much love,

Jessica

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

in that case I'm a SCLUTS, Southern CA ladies under tremendous stress :) love your blog. R