Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Day at the Zoo...

It is so nice to have our little family together again.  After being separated, for what felt like the longest month ever, Baby J and I were finally able to reunite with Bryan again in Ft. Jackson.  One step closer to Hawaii!!!  Some days it feels like it will never get here, but I am thankful for all that God is doing here in the mean time with these Chaplains that are training to serve our soldiers. 

This past weekend, we decided to go out and enjoy Columbia by taking Baby J to the zoo.  We were excited to get out in the "cool" weather, which meant that it was 95 degrees instead of 104!  We loved every second and want to return before we leave...All of you Ft. Jackson Moms can check out their site here.

There is nothing better than watching Baby J's little face light up and seeing it full of wonder...of course now that he knows I am trying to capture that, you can see the other face I get!  What a ham!!!












What a gorgeous day, though a little bright!  Not exactly great for photos, but beautiful none the less...
























































































Every time I ask Bryan what he wants to do when he retires, he tells me that he wants to be the old wise man on the top of the mountain.  I gave him the opportunity to show me what he would look like...


Somehow, I think that he might look closer to this...


Does anyone else see the resemblance in the face???  Uncanny...

Bryan was sweet and took us to this great, little pizza place, to end out the day, called "The Pizza Joint"...check them out here!  I still miss Luigi's back home, but this will do for now.  I would have taken pics of the inside, but I am pretty sure that I gave birth to a child that is half monster and didn't have a chance!  I look forward to eating in a restaurant one day where people are no longer staring at me and Bryan haha...


I love my boys!  There is nothing better than being with them, and I look forward to it every day...more to come later!

Much Love,

Jessica

No comments: