Friday, March 12, 2010

Here goes nothing...

Wow...I have talked about doing this for awhile, so here it goes...

My name is Jess and this is my first blogging experience, so bear with me!  This blog is meant to serve two purposes.

First, this blog is a way for me to keep in touch with family and friends as we prepare to move around the country, while my husband serves as an active duty military chaplain.  Not exactly an easy life, but something that we are both so excited that God has called us to.  I am so thankful for all of our service members and the sacrifice that they and their families are willing to make, so what an honor it is that God has called us to serve them in full time ministry.  I can't wait to find out where our first duty station is!  We should find out next month, but until then, the suspense is KILLING me!  This year is going to bring a lot of changes, so I am thankful that God already knows what is going to happen, as I am a planner and have been able to make NO plans thus far...I am sure that God has a lot to teach me in the upcoming months.

And secondly, this blog is a way for me to become better at photography.  I have developed a real love for it over the past year and a half...Since baby "J" was born, I have not been able to put down my Nikon.  And thankfully people have been asking me to take their photos for them, which allows for me to get out there practice, so hopefully some day this could turn into something bigger than I expected.  But for now I will continue to build my portfolio and see where God takes me.  I am hoping to enter weekly photo challenges at http://www.iheartfaces.com/ and continue to photograph family and friends.

Well, this was a longer post than I thought it would be, so thanks for listening...Can't wait to keep you posted about where God takes the Hedrick Family from here!

Much Love,

Jessica

No comments: